Here you will find the rules for the painting competition of the Rising Sun GT 2019.
Basic Entry Rules
- All models must be Citadel Miniatures of one of the following ranges from Games Workshop:
- Warhammer Age of Sigmar
- Warhammer 40000
- Warhammer Underworlds
- Warhammer Quest (any edition released for AoS or 40000)
- Models must be displayed on an appropiate base, plinth or any other display surface.
- Each participant can submit as many entries per category as wanted as long as each entry has its own ticket. A single entry can only be presented in one category. Entries to more than one category must be different models.
- Each entry must have an entry form filled out. You will receive the form(s) upon registration at the venue.
- Each entry must be painted by the participant. Participants cannot enter models painted by a third person. Infringement of this rule will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant, with no right for any reimbursement. We take cheating very seriously.
- All models must be authentic. If a model is a pirate copy or a recast (even made by the participant) of an original model, the entry will be removed from the contest, and the owner disqualified. Again, we take cheating and the infringement of copyright laws very seriously.
- Entries will be displayed openly on both September 14th and 15th. Judging will occurr during September 15th afternoon. The contest winners will be announced on the 15th, on the prize award ceremony, after all the games of the Rising Sun GT are finished.
Rising Sun Painting Competition Categories:
Single Model: Any single miniature of any size. This can be a single model from a unit, or a character, a monster, a vehicle, etc.
Unit: This entry consists of two or more models of the same unit as described in any of the games listed in rule 1.
Diorama: A diorama is a representations of a scene, either static or an action, in which one or more models are involved. Dioramas must be presented in a scenic base, appropriately decorated for the scene represented.
Young blood: Any miniature corresponding to the Single Miniature category, as explained above, but painted by anyone under the age of 13.
BEST UNIT: The best painted entry among those presented to the Unit category.
BEST DIORAMA: The best painted entry among those presented to the Diorama category.
BEST PAINTED AoS: The best painted entry among those from the Warhammer AoS range presented to the Single Model category.
BEST PAINTED 40000 : The best painted entry among those from the Warhammer 40000 range presented to the Single Model category.
BEST OF PUBLIC: The most liked entry by the audience, voted on September 15 by any attendee.
BEST OF SHOW: The best painted entry of the overall contest, judged by pro-painters.
At least two different judges will score each miniature independently based on the following criteria:
- Use of color
- Light and atmosphere
- A ticket for a single category costs ¥1500.
- Tickets for a second entry (even in the same category) or more will cost 500¥ each.
- Only tickets for the AoS tournament (not for Warhammer 40000) include a single entry to the painting contest, so it is not necessary to get a ticket for the first entry.
- You can get your tickets through our Peatix event site here: